Thursday, December 20, 2012

Dedication


We had the privilege of dedicating our kids at church. Since we don't do baby baptism (believing that baptism is a personal choice to make when older) we, as parents, are dedicating our little ones to God.  That means a lot in my book.  It means that I'm trusing that God has gifted us these two treasures for whatever amount of time that is. It means I can rest easy, knowing that God holds and loves my babies even more that I do (is that possible??!!).  It means that we are promising to raise our kids in God's path, praying over them all the time, bringing them up to be God-fearing, God-loving, God-following children.  So it was great to do that with our church family, hoping they will hold us accountable to all those things and help us love on our little ones too.

No comments: