Monday, December 17, 2012

August recap


Arianna's first days home were filled with lots of sleeping, eating, and adjusting to a new way of life.  She was such a perfect little baby, waking just a few times at night to eat, only occasionally wanting to play at 5 a.m.


She had her first check up and came through with shining colors. Josiah loved seeing the doctor check her and use all the "tools" he has in his play set.


Josiah has been an amazing big brother.   I anticipated the change to be much harder and was prepared for the worst.  He had a few moments, don't get me wrong, but it went well overall.  We tried to keep life as normal as possible for him.  The hardest part for me was not being able to pick him up or run around with him because of the c/section. 


We did eventually fall into a routine of new life.  It was harder than I thought it would be going from 1 to 2 kiddos.  Blessed beyond words, yes, but difficult for me to figure out how to do it right!  I always felt like I was neglecting either child when I spent time with one of them.  Eventually I came to realize that it was ok to spend time with one while the other slept or played alone.  I got over my guilt and realized things are going to roll a whole new way with 2 kids.  Josiah learned how to read books with me while I nurse Arianna.  Arianna loved her swing so I could focus my attention on Josiah.  I learned to balance both and we fell into step.

No comments: