Friday, November 26, 2010

My mom

So of all the moms in the world, I got the best! It has been so fantastic to be staying with my parents in this time. They have spoiled me and supported me and loved me through it all. My mom stayed awake with me in the hospital through every contraction, and didn't leave my side for the c-section (except to take some photos of the new one!). She makes sure I'm getting my naps and brings me snacks while I breastfeed.

I love breastfeeding, don't get me wrong, but when the kid is eating every 2-3 hours for 30-40 minutes each time, that it a lot of sitting time. It's good because it forces me to slow down and I get to sit there and stare at him and pray over him and think through a lot of things. But it can also get boring sometimes and my mom is great at sitting and talking with me and waiting for him to get done! It's also amazing to have extra hands and great advice. About 1,000 times a day I'm asking if this or that is normal and how to do something. She could be making it up for all I know, but it is also so nice to have answers! So in the list of things I'm thankful for...my mom is way up there!






No comments: