Tuesday, August 31, 2010

An update

I stepped onto the island in September, 2006, expecting to be here for 5 weeks. 4 years later, I am beginning to pack my bags for the trip back to Oregon. This is such a time of mixed emotions as I say good bye to so many things that have become "normal" and think forward to the amazing things that are ahead. Our baby boy is due around November 6th, so the doctors want me there by mid-September for safety with flying and follow-up. As I watch this belly grow, I know it is a good decision to get home while it is still safe to travel! I plan to head back at this time to prepare for what is the most exciting journey ever!
We are still waiting for word on Ariel's visa, but prayerfully hope he will make his interview and be approved in time to make it to Oregon for the birth. We made the decision to have the baby in the States either way, trusting that it is the safest and wisest decision for both the baby and me. Our plans for the moment are to be inthe U.S. for a few years before returning permanently to the Dominican Republic. We are excited, nervous, and anxious as we anticipate all that awaits us. Please pray for the many transitions we will each be facing in the months ahead which include a change of culture, language, jobs, becoming parents...and the list goes on! We have seen God's amazing providence for our lives and know He will walk us through each step of this.


Although we are thankful to have medical insurance, it will only cover 80% of the birth and after care. Along with coverage for the baby's insurance, we will need approximately $5000-$6000 for the coming months to cover co-pays and insurance. Please pray with us that the money will come through as God always amazes us with the way He provides.

If you are interested in supporting in ths time, you can also donate through the Kids Alive website and find my name under "Around the World", then "Dominican Republic". Support can also be mailed to the address at the bottom. Thank you for trusting me enough to support me through all of this. I have learned an endless amount of lessons that will continue to mold and shape me for a lifetime.



With much love, Jessi



Support can be mailed to Kids Alive, noted for Jessi Dixon Veras at:
Kids Alive
PO Box 2117
Valparaiso, IN 46383

No comments: