Monday, May 17, 2010

Bethany visits


I was so excited to get to spend the afternoon with Bethany yesterday. Bethany and I went to high school together and spent lots of time bonding through dance team all 4 years. She came to the island for just 5 days, but I was thankful we got to meet "in the middle" in Jarabcoa yesterday. She's staying with family in Santo Domingo, the other side of the island, which proved to be a bit hard to meet up as the north where I live is about 4 hours away. We met at the best restaurant on the mountain in Jarabacoa and chatted the afternoon away. She came with her little man, Quinn, and her mom, uncle and cousin. It was most exciting to have Bethany and Ariel meet, the first of my Oregon friends to meet him! Even though we'll see each other in the next few weeks as I'm headed to Oregon tomorrow, it was fantastic to meet up here!

No comments: