Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pregnancy updates

Just a little update to say all continues well. I'm so happy to have 4 days now without nausea and am hoping that more of those days are to come!

We've had a lot of questions about our plans, so a little briefing of our mini-plan is that we are hoping to deliver the baby in Oregon, alongside my family. Ariel's visa is in-process and we are hopeful that it will be through in time. We decided a U.S. delivery will be safest and most sure and, well, I was a Labor & Delivery nurse for 3 years and have seen too many births to stay here for it!

I'll be heading to Oregon on the 18th of May for 3 weeks and looking forward to having an appointment with the midwife. I've been seeing a doctor here who is excellent and have all the documents to take with me to the Oregon appt.

I'm excited for the days when I get to feel the baby moving! I have had to say good-bye to some of my clothes as they're a bit too tight now in the waist, but still don't really have a belly to show...but I know it's on its way!

This is such a fun time, most of it anyhow! There have definitely been the emotional times when I have those cries that leave you hiccuping for hours afterwards, but thankfully those are occasional and seem to be passing as well as I move into the second trimester. It's funny because when I don't have nausea or other things going on, I don't feel so pregnant. But then again, I'm so happy to feel good and with more energy!

I've got another appt in a week and will hopefully have another beautiful baby pic to share!

No comments: