Friday, February 26, 2010

Television.

So our friends Jennie and Miguel just moved to the US and gave us their television. I've been with out a TV here for 3.5 years and, well, things have gone along fine. I know, some think it impossible, but I have my computer and watch movies and check news, so I still feel pretty in touch.

Well, we got cable last week as there were no channels at all, and it's only $9/month, and let me tell you, life is good. I stayed up until 1:30 last night watching the girls ice skate, and I'm currently watching Oprah and drinking tea. All of the sudden, I'm that much closer to the States. As the news is set up to be local to NY, I'm hearing about the winter storm, and even enjoying a cloudy cold day here.

My favorite part of the day was when the Cadbury egg commercial just came on. I smiled, I fully smiled. All alone in the apartment and here I am smiling. It's the one where the lion and other animals are dressed like a bunny, you know. It's just that I've seen that commercial so much growing up and here it is again, little unexpected pieces of America. I haven't had an Easter at home in ages so I forget the little things.

So I'm enjoying my TV. Even the commercial. No, especially the commercials.

No comments: