Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti

My desire still burns to do something, to be involved, but for now, I wait. By all reports, Haiti is dangerous right now. It's dangerous in the best of times in Port-au-Prince, so you can imagine how it would be now when times have somehow become more desperate. I have called a few hospitals and sent emails to try and go help if I can where they are receiving wounded people from the earthquake in the capitol here. So far, nothing. So I wait and pray and trust that if it's what I'm supposed to do, I'll know it and the right doors will be open. I don't want to just into something just because I feel like it, but to know that God has paved the path for me to be there. Many small groups are trying to get across to Haiti, mostly groups with Haitians/Dominicans which is safest for the moment. Continue to join me in praying for them all. We hope to be back in school tomorrow, I'm anxious to take attendance. Will keep you posted.

No comments: