Saturday, November 07, 2009

Experiences

When Candace went back to Canada in February, she accidently left her book My Utmost for His Highest, by Oswald Chambers. Although I've meant to send it to her a few times, I just can't seem to let it go! I love to read it every morning because this is the kind of quality reading I get:



"If you are going to be used by God, He will take you through a number of experiences that are not meant for you personally at all. They are designed to make you useful in His hands, and to enable you to understand what takes place in the lives of others. Because of this process, you will never be surprised by what comes your way."



How great is that?! How often I find myself being self-centered and thinking the problems and ups and downs in life are simply to teach me something. But what if it is for others, what if I get to do great things because of the hard and difficult times that I've gone through? How much better I understand others' struggles now because of my own personal struggles in life. How much more I feel I can relate when someone faces an obstacle, a hard decision, a hurt or pain. So I thank God for the hard times and continue to pray that I will be used, that He will use the experience I've had so that I may be more useful to Him.



And thanks, Candace, for forgetting your book! I'm just going to have to get you a new one though.

No comments: