Saturday, October 13, 2012

Baby Day, Part 1

 
 
Ariel and I got up about 4 a.m. so we could check in at the hospital by 6.  My parents came over to stay with Josiah and get him up a bit later to meet us at the hospital before the surgery.  Yes, our bag is gigantic because it has both of our things for the hospital stay, Josiah and Ariannas gifts to each other, the diaper bag, and who knows what else!
 
 
It was surreal delivering my baby with everyone I knew.  I have to say it was the best hand-picked group ever! Everyone that was there is so special and it was so relaxing and encouraging heading into a c/section surrounded by people I normally work alongside.  I trusted everyone so deeply and we all got to know each other a lot closer that day!
 
 
Heading into the operating room was so different this time, as it is where I normally head in with other women!  With Josiah, I was exhausted from the night before being awake, so it was a fully different feeling with Arianna.  I got the spinal anesthesia and everyone worked quickly to get me ready and meet the baby girl finally!
 
 
I can't say enough what an experience it was to have Ariel with me this time.  Because of visa complications, he wasn't with me when Josiah was born, so this was all new territory in the operating room!  It was so nice to have him by my side the whole time and to share these moments together.  My mom was with us as well and got to take all the first pictures and get a first look at the little one. 

No comments: