Saturday, February 12, 2011

Papi


I have loved having this transition time to watch Ariel and Josiah spend so much time together. Ariel is such a good dad to him, sometimes I just smile while I secretly watch them. Ariel has done great with his steep learning curve, meeting him and getting to know all his tricks and likes/dislikes after 6 weeks, but now it seems as if they were never apart. What a blessing it is to be together, to have each other as we raise this little guy.
Our family has truly learned the importance of waiting in God (versus waiting on God) and how just leaning on Him when we don't understand why things happen is the key to getting through hard things. It doesn't always make it easier or let us understand it...I don't think I'll ever understand why we have gone though some of the things we have, but I guess that's not important. If I was supposed to understand, I would. But in the end, we love each other more, hold each other a little more tightly, are a bit more patient with each other, and thank our God every day that we are together.

No comments: