Thursday, September 16, 2010

A little delay


No, I didn't get any good pictures, so you get a diagram. On Monday, I got a case of the diarrheas, which I figured was probably just due to nerves and anxiety and all things related to leaving the DR. By nighttime, it was getting worse, but I just held on, drinking lots and doing my best. We went to bed around 11, but I never got to sleep. I got up around midnight with a fever and started feeling what I thought might be mild contractions. I drank about 3 liters of water (being the good little nurse I am) and waited for things to improve. By 3 am, my temp was 101 and the contractions, though super mild, were about every 15 mins. So Ariel and I headed to the hospital.
I got evaluted all over and was eventually admitted with dehydration related to amoebas/diarrhea. I got started on (safe) treatment for the little critters, lots of IV fluids, and other meds. I got 3 shots in the bum, 2 IVs, 3 blood draws, but in the end, am doing just fine. The contractions stopped after getting well hydrated again and the baby has been doing great. We saw him on the ultrasound and he is growing leaps and bounds.
So I'm back in my apartment for today and then heading straight to Oregon tomorrow (Friday). I was sad to cancel my trip to Los Angeles to see my brother and sister-in-law who I haven't seen in 2.5 years, but we just have to trust it is all for the best. I know nothing is out of God's hands and that for whatever reason I don't get to understand, this was the route I needed to take. So keep that 14 hour travel day in your prayers for this pregnant lady and the little one and safe arrivals and outcomes for all!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

you can always find a way to make me laugh!