Thursday, July 16, 2009

Better yet?

The doctor called today and it seems that everything is negative!! Hooray! He said something about my blood cells staining red, but he has a bit of a heavy accent and I didn't understand the word. Anyhow, he wanted a second opinion on the pathology test so he's sending the biopsies to another pathologist to be sure...that should be back in another week. He said my stomach was so bad that he wants to double check everything. He talked about putting me on steriods, but we discussed this and decided to hold off because of the side effects and that I've been improving.

The great news is that I am feeling mostly well. I don't want to get my hopes up too soon (as has happened before) but I have had 2 good days in a row without pain and nausea. It is GOOD to feel good!! I have started going out more in the daytime and eating more adventerous food, "testing" my stomach. I want to be sure I am truly well before heading back to the DR.

At the moment, I am set to leave for the DR on the 29th, just 2 weeks from now. I am anxious to see Ariel and hopeful that my stomach agrees with me being better and able to return. That being said, I am not looking forward to the Dominican August heat. It is hot, hot, hot! But it will be nice, nice, nice to be with Ariel again, so I'll put up with the heat. I just want to be 100% sure I am healed before adding in the extra stressors of different food and water, heat, etc.

Thanks for all the encouragement you have sent through emails, calls, Facebook...it is great having such support. Here's hoping and praying for more good days, full (and permanent!) healing of my stomach, and my family to move to the DR with me (you can always hope, right??!!)

No comments: