Monday, May 25, 2009

Juicemaster

So I didn't know that because I married the Juicemaster I would therefore become apprentice Juicemaster, but it has happened, I am officially making juice. I have mastered Orange (all you have to do is squeeze them, really), and then moved onto carrot (grating, blending, straining...a bit more complicated), but now...cherry. I thought I'd give a tutorial on cherry juice making, as it's so easy to do and I don't know why, with all the great fruit we have in the U.S., we don't make our own juices more often!



So first of all, pick/buy your cherries. Give them a good washing...and even some bleach water if you're still not sure!


Dump EVERYTHING into the blender...I'm talking seeds, stems, whatever you've got, put it in. Add water to the top and make sure the lid's on tight!


Blend, and blend a lot


Strain the blended cherries into another pot. Use a spoon to squeeze out all the juice from what is in the strainer, which is a lot because you've just blended the whole cherry (seed included). Add sugar to your liking, but not too much!

And now the best part is drinking it! Add some ice and pat yourself on the back for just having made your own cherry juice.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

AWESOME!!! Now you can NEVER make fun of me for putting on a recipe again!!! : )

Allison Stuart said...

this is sweet, jessi, i'm totally gonna try it!

Amanda said...

I know this is an old blog now but I actually looked for it specifically. I wasn't sure if I really remembered correctly that you really blend the entire cherry... apparently you do. I have a bunch of cherries and am going to try this. Thanks for the tutorial :o)