Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Double check

Every year we do child updates for the sponsors of our kids at the Care Center. The teachers are given a sheet about the child to fill out and then we take that to make a history about how the child is doing in school, socially, physically, etc. I've spoken Spanish for awhile now and feel that I can hold my own with the language. It happens everyday though that I learn new words.

Well, as I was doing the child update, I came across a word I didn't know, but knew it was something related to the government. As it was referring to the child's father, I thought it meant he was working with the government. Just in case though, I grabbed my dictionary, and oops, he was actually in trouble with the government, not working for them. It's good to make sure...no more assumptions!

1 comment:

Allison Stuart said...

hahaha, i remember doing those. remember that time that you and jonathan went to check on a kid, and they said he had "quemado" from the class, and you guys thought he had burned himself? but actually, he had just failed. that was one of my new words. was that you? : ) i love you jessi!