Friday, December 14, 2007

Last day of school

The last day of school. Mixed feelings as we see the kids for the last time for a few weeks but also share in the joy of a big party and gift-giving. We filled bags full of grapes, apples, raisins, nuts, and candy...things that we're all used to, but special treats to these kids. They were also given a big piece of cake to take home to their families. We had a special meal and the kids later returned with their families for a presentation by each class. It was neat to see the kids in these roles, so proud to have a part in something important, showing off to their family and friends. I wish I could describe fully what I feel to be here. I don't deserve this. I don't deserve to have these kids in my lives, but I am thankful everday that I get to.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are those the new classrooms? That's amazing! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Thinking about you guys a lot.

ps - Did you get my facebook post about spring break?