Thursday, August 16, 2007

Happy Birthday

Today may have actually been one of the best days I've ever had. I got to be a part of welcoming my friend Pena and his wife Silvania's baby into the world. It's a little girl and she was born this afternoon at 3:13 with huge amounts of hair! They said she was a bit gringa because of her white hands...but she'll be black soon! It was so special to get to be there, I really feel privileged to be able to take part in their family and how they welcome me in. I'm going back in the morning to help them all get home, so they don't have to do the family moto on first day postpartum! It's hard in the States stepping out of "maternity nurse" role, so you can imagine what it was like for me watching here in the D.R., where most of the times things seem backwards. But I'm thankful mom and baby are amazingly healthy and look forward to helping this little one grow up.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jessi,
Please give our congratulations to Pena and his wife on the birth of their new baby girl! I didn't even know he was married when we were working with him, much less expecting to be a father soon! I'll spread the good news to the youth group here in Plano.
Jennifer