Thursday, May 24, 2007

Mother's Day and Last day of School

Today was a very special day at the care center. It was the last day of school and also a celebration for Mother's Day, which is this weekend in the D.R. The kids had a special lunch with Coke at noon, went home and changed and got their moms, then all came back at 3:00. The kids had poem presentations, lots of singing and clapping, more food, and each kid was given a bag of clothes to take home. I am so blessed to be a part of this. Sometimes I just sit in my favorite window seat in the cafeteria trying to take it all in, how each one of these kids has touched my heart so dearly. Whether it's little Wilson's hugs, Princesa's smile, mischevious Vladimir, naughty Jesny, or Ramoncito blowing kisses, each and every one of these little guys is so dear to me. I feel like I was given 150 kids by coming here and now feel so protective of them, I just want to take care of them and to show them how loved and special they are.



No comments: