Sunday, April 08, 2007

Update

So the latest with all the updates is this...

My things continue to hang out in customs! It all arrived here the 28th of December and over the last 3-ish weeks has been cleared by customs, but not been deliverable yet. There were problems with heavy rains, roads getting washed away, the truck not getting set-up properly, and then Semana Santa was the problem for last week. Anyhow, I have been promised it will arrive this week...they said Monday, but I'm hopefully that it'll be here Tuesday or Wednesday-or before the week is over I guess. I've learned a lot about patience and waiting and not being in too big of a hurry!

The house has also nearly been finished! Maybe, just maybe, we may actually be able to move in by the end of the week. I'm so glad the rain stopped and they were able to sort out the roof last week. They still need to set up all the pipes to our water will work, put the toilets and sinks in the bathrooms, pain another coat, clean the floors, and get things like a stove and fridge...but we are so close now. I feel it's going to be a good week!

That's it for now, believe me that I'll be posting all the exciting events as they happen!

Happy Easter!

No comments: