Thursday, January 18, 2007

Welcome, Diego


I got to be a part of something really special today, seeing a new child enter The Ark, Jarabacoa (the orphanage). It was amazing to see his huge smile as he looked around and discovered his new house and bed and all his surroundings. It made me step back and think about what a privilege it is to work with these kids and the blessing that they are in my life. He seemed to have no problem transitioning into life with the other kids for his first afternoon and easily fit into the soccer game and playing. Sometimes I wonder why I get to do this work and am so thankful to be here and come alongside the others that are loving these kids and pouring themselves into their lives. What an changed future these kids have, full of stability, hope, love, and security.

No comments: