Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Rainy days

So I nearly got myself a puppy. I was out running with the Trautweins two days ago and this little, tiny puppy, all wet and covered in mud (it's been raining) was following along and wouldn't leave us alone. The rest of the group finished the loop and Sam and I walked from house to house trying to find the owners...because a little puppy should have a house and owners, right? Not so. No one claimed the little one and we were told by a few people that often little girl puppies are dumped because no one wants them. What a dilemma. I was holding this little shaking wet puppy and didn't know what to do. The family came back to see what was going on, and in the end, I had to leave her on the porch of a family that the Trautweins know. At last check, she was still hanging around, so we'll see what happens. I'm just really not in a position to take on a pup, no matter how stinkin cute she is. I've still got Mr. Basil in Oregon that needs to find his way back to me somehow before I take in another little one.

I went to Caraballo yesterday for a day trip. Once we arrived we found out that the kids weren't in school because of rain. Yes...a rain day! What rain though...the rivers are full and had almost come into the school, and as many of the kids have to cross the river to get to school, it had to be cancelled. We still had a good time talking with the teachers, walking through the village, and making plans.

The rain continues here in Jarbacoa and it's been great! I love waking up and going to sleep to the sound of it coming down outside the window. Brings a little bit of home right here which I love. Speaking of Oregon, I'll be there from the 8th of December through the 9th of January and really looking forward to time with my family and catching up with friends. Lots of plans already in the works which I'm so excited about. And I get to see Basil again...I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aye! Give our love to Basil. It rained about 4 days straight here over the Thanksgiving holiday. It wasn't warm and pleasant though, unfortunately. But we still managed to get a game of American football in...wouldn't be Thanksgiving without it.

A&K

P.S. Better luck next time on the quiz...:]